The Annual Reviews new Future of Food special collection features 20 review articles examining production and policy and the impact on public health and the environment. All articles are free to read through to 30 June 2019. This special collection expands upon discussions at the recent Zare Science Forum and features review articles from event panelists and other experts. The Zare Science Forum on the Future of Food brought together three prominent contributors: David Zilberman (Robinson Chair of the Agricultural and Resource Economics Department at the University of California, Berkeley), Pamela Ronald ( Distinguished Professor in the Department of Plant Pathology and the Genome Center at the University of California, Davis), and Patrick Brown (CEO and Founder of Impossible Foods). Some of the review articles include:
- The Economics of the Naturalist Food Paradigm
- Organic Agriculture, Food Security, and the Environment
- Climate Change and Food Systems
- Pest Management in Food Systems: An Economic Perspective
- Plant Innate Immunity: Perception of Conserved Microbial Signatures
Taken from the ISPP Monthly Newsletter – click here to check it out.