This news item contains information about funding, events and our most recent newsletter.
To all BSPP members, applicants and potential applicants to our funding schemes. In the light of disruption to working life and travel due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the BSPP board have agreed the following arrangements for managing funds that we award for various schemes. If you have already received funds but can no longer carry out the agreed activity please contact email@example.com to arrange repayment. If you are waiting for a decision on an application for funds and the proposed event will not take place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that your application can be withdrawn. We are still accepting applications for BSPP MSc/MRes Bursaries (closing date 1st July) to begin in September 2020, and for BSPP Undergraduate Vacation Bursary (closing date 1st April). Please do not submit new applications for our other funding schemes until advised. We will review the situation at the end of May. For each of our funding schemes please see details below.
- BSPP Travel Fund: If you have been awarded funds for an event that has been postponed, you must let us know so we can defer payment. Your award is still valid. If you are waiting for a decision on an application, please tell us if you want to withdraw or if you would like the application to be considered in future. Please provide details. CONTACT: email@example.com
- BSPP Fellowships: If you have submitted an application in the last three months please tell us if you want to withdraw. If you believe the timing could be deferred, we will review existing applications at a later date subject to updated information. CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSPP Event Organisation Fund and Plant Pathology Promotion Fund: If you have been awarded funds for an event that has been postponed please let us know so we can defer payment. We will review existing applications at a later date, subject to updated information. CONTACT: email@example.com
- BSPP MSc/MRes Bursary: The board will continue to consider applications for this scheme until 1st July (for entry Sept 2020). CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSPP Undergraduate Vacation Bursary: The board will continue to consider applications for this scheme until 1st April. We will notify successful applicants who can choose to participate this year or defer to 2021 if that is possible. CONTACT: email@example.com.
Current status of BSPP events planned for 2020:
- Write Now event 7-9 April – POSTPONED until 3-5 November 2020.
- Our Plants, Our Future 20-21 April – POSTPONED until February 2021.
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 18-23 May – CANCELLED.
- Discover 2020: 200 years of HMS Beagle (30th and 31st May); Wild Woods Day (18 July) and the Rochford District Awards (15 May) – all CANCELLED
- Presidential Meeting University of Birmingham 7-9 Dec 2020 – still on at the moment.
Unfortunately, due to the current coronavirus pandemic, it will not be possible for the Spring edition of the BSPP Newsletter to be printed and delivered to our members as a hard copy. Therefore, we have provided a link to members by email.