There are four deadlines each year for submission of applications;
The last day of February, 31st May, 31st August and 30th November
Applications must be received by the deadline between three and six months before the date of the conference or visit at the latest.
The BSPP Travel Fund is open to members of the Society to assist with expenses for conferences, study tours and visits. Students are particularly encouraged to apply. Awards will be made by a Committee of the Board whose decision shall be final. In judging applications, the Committee will take into consideration the nature of the visit in relation to the work of the applicant and the aims of the Society. All applications will be considered on their merits.
- The size of award will depend upon the number of applications and the funds available, but will not exceed half the total costs of the proposed visit.
- For any member, there must be an interval of at least 24 months between successive visits supported by BSPP Travel Awards.
- No more than one Travel Award will be made to members of a single research group to attend the same conference, join the same study tour, etc.
- You must have been a member of the Society for at least 12 months by the time that the conference or visit supported by the BSPP Travel Award for which you are applying takes place.
- Applications must be submitted online only by the relevant deadline.
- Awards must be taken up within 12 months of notification.
- The Travel Awards Committee reserves the right to disregard any of these guidelines for applications of the most exceptional merit.
It is a requirement of any award that a report on the conference or other purpose for which the Travel Fund grant is awarded is sent to the email@example.com and the editor of BSPP Newsletter for publication. All travel reports must be submitted within a month of travel. Please see the instructions for authors for the type and format of report required.