Website Forest Research
Short-term temporary appointment, 37 hours per week
Salary: PB4, £35,167 (4 months pro rata)
Location: Flexible, by negotiation
Forest Research is the research agency of the Forestry Commission and a world leader in applied forest science, providing evidence and scientific services in support of sustainable forestry, and the health, resilience, and value of Britain’s treescapes. Please explore www.forestresearch.gov.uk to find out more information about our organisation.
The Tree Health team provides applied research, advice, and management support on established and invasive tree pests and diseases and is committed to protecting and promoting forest health. Forest Research holds unique entomology and pathology collections of international value, and investment is being made to realise their full value and curate them to international standards.
We are looking to make a short-term temporary appointment of a Collections Curator (PB4). The Collections Curator will undertake a strategic review of the entomology and pathology collections to assess their purpose, accessibility, future growth & maintenance, and how they relate to other collections held in the UK.
- Good understanding of the importance of scientific collections, their potential value and the key risks which they face
- Customer focussed with emphasis on collaborating with customers internally and externally to understand and develop opportunities for new services
- Experience in database construction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of scientific presentations / provision of training or knowledge exchange to others.
- Experience of working with museum collections (or equivalent)
- Experience of collaboration with a range of stakeholders/partners
- Good understanding of forest pest and disease issues
These roles are open to UK nationals and certain other groups, e.g. nationals of the Republic of Ireland, nationals from the EU with settled or pre-settled status. Further information on nationality requirements can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationality-rules. Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
To apply, please provide a CV and a covering letter highlighting how you match the requirements of the role. Enquiries and applications should be directed to Gerard Clover: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be received by 4pm, on the closing date which is 29th September 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.