University of Göttingen
The Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Crop Sciences, at the University of Göttingen is seeking to fill a permanent professorship with civil servant status (grade W3 NBesO) at the earliest possible date.
The post-holder will be expected to address issues pertaining to the emergence, spread, and integrated control of plant diseases in crops in both research and teaching, encompassing a wide scope. Additionally, they are required to showcase and cultivate a research profile, with a focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Disease impact of pathogens in key cropping systems
- Evolution, spread and epidemiology of major pests in relation to environmental factors and production measures
- Development of sustainable crop protection strategies, integrating natural and preventative control mechanisms and innovative approaches
- Evaluation and risk assessment of crop protection strategies
- Influence of multiple stresses and stress interactions (biotic/abiotic)
- Resistance mechanisms and phenotyping of crops
- Pathogen invasion and re-emergence
- Digital technologies for plant protection
To apply for this job please visit www.uni-goettingen.de.